Wong's nursing care of infants and children / Marilyn J. Hockenberry, PhD, RN, PPCNP-BC, FAAN, Bessie Baker Professor of Nursing and Professor of Pediatrics, Chair, Duke Institutional Review Board, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina; David Wilson, MS, RNC-NIC, Staff, Children's Hospital at Saint Francis, Tulsa, Oklahoma; Cheryl C. Rodgers, PhD, RN, CPNP, CPON, Chair, Duke Institutional Review Board, Duke University, School of Nursing, Durham, North Carolina
- Additional Titles:
- Nursing care of infants and children
- St. Louis, Missouri : Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- Eleventh edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxx, 1,392 pages : color illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Hockenberry, Marilyn J., Wilson, David, 1950 August 25-2015, and Rodgers, Cheryl C.
- I. Children, their families, and the nurse -- Perspectives of pediatric nursing / Marilyn J. Hockenberry -- Social, cultural, religious, and family influences on child health promotion / Quinn Franklin, Kim Mooney-Doyle -- Hereditary influences on health promotion of the child and family / Cynthia A. Prows -- II. Childhood and family assessment -- Communication, physical, and developmental assessment of the child and family / Jan M. Foote -- Pain assessment and management in children / Shirley D. Martin, Maggie Maxtin, Katherine Smalling, and Sue Park -- Childhood communicable and infectious diseases / Cheryl C. Rodgers -- III. Family-centered care of the newborn -- Health promotion of the newborn and family / Barbara J. Wheeler -- Health problems of the newborn / Kimberly Fisher and Kristina D. Wilson -- The high-risk newborn and family / Kimberly Fisher -- IV. Family-centered care of the infant -- Health promotion of the infant and family / Mystii Kidd and Cheryl C. Rodgers -- Health problems of the infant / Lisa M. Cleveland -- V. Family-centered care of the toddler and preschooler -- Health promotion of the toddler and family / Elizabeth A. Duffy -- Health promotion of the preschooler and family / Rebecca A. Monroe -- Health problems of early childhood / Brigit M. Carter -- VI. Family-centered care of the school-age child -- Health promotion of the school-age child and family / Cheryl C. Rodgers -- Health problems of the school-age child / Katherine Soss Prihoda and Cheryl C. Rodgers -- VII. Family-centered care of the adolescent -- Health promotion of the adolescent and family / Anne Derouin -- Health problems of the adolescent / Cheryl C. Rodgers -- and VIII. Family-centered care of the child with special needs -- Impact of chronic illness, disability, or end-of-life care for the child and family / Sharron L. Docherty, Debra Brandon, Alexandra Kathleen Superdock, and Ramond C Barfeld -- Impact of cognitive or sensory impairment on the child and family / Rosalind Bryant -- IX. The child who is hospitalized -- Family-centered care of the child during illness and hospitalization / Tara Merck and Patricia Barry McElfresh -- Pediatric nursing interventions and skills / Caroline E. Anderson and Ruth Anne Herring -- X. Childhood nutrition and elimination problems -- The child with fluid and electrolyte imbalance / Mary A. Mondozzi, Rose Ann Urdiales Baker, Marilyn J. Hockenberry -- The child with renal dysfunction / Patricia A. Ring, Cynthia J. Camille -- The child with gastrointestinal dysfunction / Cheryl C. Rodgers -- XI. Childhood oxygenation problems -- The child with respiratory dysfunction / Patricia Conlon -- XII. Childhood blood production and circulation problems -- The child with cardiovascular dysfunction / Margaret L. Schroeder, Annette L. Baker, Heather Bastardi Patricia O'Brien -- The child with hematologic or immunologic dysfunction / Rosalind Bryant -- XIII. Childhood regulatory problems -- The child with cancer / Kathleen S. Ruccione -- The child with cerebral dysfunction / Maureen Sheehan -- The child with endocrine dysfunction / Amy Barry, Erin Connelly -- XIV. Childhood physical mobility problems -- The child with integumentary dysfunction / Cheryl C. Rodgers -- The child with musculoskeletal or articular dysfunction / Angela Drummond -- The child with neuromuscular or muscular dysfunction -- Anne Feierabend Stanton Teri A Huddleston Lavenbarg.
- Prepare to give pediatric patients the specialized care they deserve with the leading text in pediatric nursing. Written by pediatric experts, "Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children, 11th Edition" takes a unique, easy-to-follow developmental approach to describe the care of children at each age and stage of development. This longtime bestseller provides an evidence-based, clinical perspective that shows how the quality of nursing care can impact quality patient outcomes. Childhood diseases and disorders are organized by age groups and body systems and explained through the nursing process framework. This edition features completely updated and reorganized chapters that present content in a clear, easy-to-understand way. New Quality Indicator boxes paint a bigger picture of hospitals and how they look at quality and safety. -- From product description.
- 9780323549394 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25380422