The Routledge companion to digital ethnography / edited by Larissa Hjorth, Heather Horst, Anne Galloway, and Genevieve Bell
- Additional Titles:
- Companion to digital ethnography
- New York, NY : Routledge, 2017.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxiv, 494 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Hjorth, Larissa, Horst, Heather A., Galloway, Anne, Dr., and Bell, Genevieve
- Routledge companions
- Introduction / Larissa Hjorth, Heather Horst, Anne Galloway, and Genevieve Bell -- pt. I Debating digital ethnography. Computers in/and anthropology : the poetics and politics of digitization / George E. Marcus ; From virtual ethnography to the embedded, embodied, everyday internet / Christine Hine ; Vectors for fieldwork : computational thinking and new modes of ethnography / Anne Beaulieu ; A performative digital ethnography : data, design, and speculation / Wendy F. Hsu ; The fieldsite as a network : a strategy for locating ethnographic research / Jenna Burrell ; Remote ethnography : studying culture from afar / John Postill -- Mixing it : digital ethnography and online research methods -- a tale of two global digital music genres / Christopher Haworth -- pt. II Relationships. Small places turned inside-out : social networking in small communities / Jolynna Sinanan ; "Doing family" at a distance : transnational family practices in polymedia environments / Mirca Madianou ; Researching death online / Martin Gibbs ; Relational labour, fans, and collaborations in professional rock-climbing / Guillaume Dumont -- pt. III Visibility and voice. "Our media"? microblogging and the elusiveness of voice in China / Xi Cui ; Participatory complications in interactive, video-sharing environments / Patricia G. Lange ; Influencer extravaganza : commercial "lifestyle" microcelebrities in Singapore / Crystal Abidin ; Nah leavin' Trinidad : the place of digital music production among amateur musicians in Trinidad and Tobago / Heather Horst -- pt. IV Place and co-presence. Locating emerging media : ethnographic reflections on culture, selfhood, and place / Jordan Kraemer ; Making "ournet not the Internet" : an ethnography of home-brew high-tech practices in suburban Australia / Kat Jungnickel ; Locative mobile media and the development of unplanned, fleeting encounters with pseudonymous strangers and virtual acquaintances in urban public places / Julien Morel ; Mobile media matters : the ethnography and phenomenology of itinerant interfaces / Bflendan Keogh ; Placing mobile ethnography : mobile communication as a practice of place-making / Didem Ozkul -- pt. V Play. Digital gaming, social inclusion, and the right to play : a case study of a Venezuelan cybercafe / Tom Apperley ; Kayfabe : an in-depth look at world wrestling entertainment (WWE) and its fandom using digital ethnography / Crystle Martin ; Running, gender, and play with Zombies, Run! / Emma Witkowski ; Hands between the worlds / Susana Tosca -- pt. VI Arts. Curating and exhibiting ethnographic evidence : reflections on teaching and displaying with the help of emerging technologies / Paolo Favero ; The art of play : ethnography and playful interventions with young people / Tom Penney ; The (be)coming of selfies : revisiting an onlife ethnography on digital photography practices / Edgar Gomez Cruz ; Mobile film-making / Marsha Berry ; Curating digital resonance / Jennifer Deger -- pt. VII Infrastructures. Instant archives? / Haidy Geismar ; The fortune of scarcity : digital music circulation in Cuba / Alexandrine Boudreault-Fournier ; An infrastructural approach to digital ethnography : lessons from the Manchester Infrastructures of Social Change Project / Hannah Knox ; Riding the rails of mobile payments : financial inclusion, mobile phones, and infrastructure / Bill Maurer ; Polar infrastructures / Juan Francisco Salazar -- pt. VIII Politics. Digital ethnography of mobiles for development / Sirpa Tenhunen ; Mediated political agency in contested Africa / Mirjam De Bruijn ; Ethnography beyond and within digital structures and the study of social media activism / Veronica Barassi ; The search for Wikipedia's edges / Heather Ford ; Environmental sensing and control / Ken Anderson -- pt. IX Design. The politics of design, design as politics / Christo Sims ; Ethnography and the ongoing in digital design / Debora Lanzeni ; Disruptive interventions with mobile media through design+ethnography+futures / Sarah Pink ; More-than-human lab : creative ethnography after human exceptionalism / Anne Galloway ; Using fiction to explore social facts : the laboratory of speculative ethnology / Elizabeth Chin.
- 9781317377788 (electronic bk.), 1317377788 (electronic bk.), and 9781315673974 electronic book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25380424