Face of fortune
- Corporate Author:
- John H. Woodbury Dermatological Institute
- Additional Titles:
- Know thy self
- New York : John H. Woodbury Dermatological Institue, [approximately 1900?]
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages : illustrations ; 10x8 cm
- A promotional booklet for Woodbury hygiene products, indlucing facial cream and dental cream. A brief history of the John H. Woodbury Dermatological Institute, ailments they remedy, and instructions for mail orders is followed by a novelty astrological calendar for use with a dial attached to the rear cover used to calculate astrological signs. The horoscopes specifiy different diseases, and corresponding remedies, particular to each astrological sign.
- Cover title.
In the shape of a human head.
Volvelle with star-shaped paper piece and brass arrow on rear cover with instructions for use (page 8); monthly horoscope (pages 11-16).
Address of publisher given as 127 West Forty-Second Street, New York.
"Please note. Since this little book went to press the following changes have taken placae: New York Office now at 26 West 23rd Street, Boston Office now at 128 Tremont Street, and we now have a St. Louis Office"--Page 2.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased from Eclectibles; 2018.
Rare Books copy: Purchased with funds from the Sandra K. Stelts and Ronald L. Filippelli Exhibitions Programs Endowment for Special Collections; 2018.
Purchased with funds from the Sandra K. Stelts and Ronald L. Filippelli Exhibitions Program Endowment for Special Collections ; 2018
View MARC record | catkey: 25380432