Going green : implementing sustainable strategies in libraries around the world : buildings, management, programmes and services / edited on behalf of IFLA/ENSULIB by Petra Hauke, Madeleine Charney and Harri Sahavirta
- IFLA publications ; volume 177
- A garden on the roof doesn't make a library green / Sahavirta, Harri -- Libraries sow the seed of a sustainable society / Leyrer, Katharina -- Contemplative pedagogy / Charney, Madeleine, Colvin, Jenny -- Public libraries' contribution to sustainable development goals / Pinto, Leonor Gaspar, Ochôa, Paula -- Environmental responsibility in Brazilian libraries / Cardoso, Nathalice Bezerra -- The green corner at Vaggeryd Public Library / Claesson, Lo -- Action to combat climate change and its impact / Kavuri-Mutuku, Purity -- The BookboXX / Kutt, Konrad -- Garbage hero / Patron, Ira, Rusakova, Lilia -- From a green library to a sustainable library / Huang, Qunqing, Chen, Si -- Urban gardening, foodsharing and makerspaces / Schumann, Tim -- Green library of the neighbourhood / Seifert, Anja, Rogge, Stefan -- The green story of the public library Užice, Serbia / Vučkovič, Ratka -- More than just a green building / Jones, Louise, Wong, Winky -- The awareness of young African students to protection of the environment / Koudjam Yameni, Simon Jules -- Challenges and opportunities in implementing a sustainable approach at academic libraries / Landes, Christopher -- Information dissemination is not enough / Mulumba, Onan, Akullo, Winny Nekesa -- Going green to embrace aesthetic reflections and sustainable library buildings / Mwanzu, Arnold.
- This publication examines aspects of reducing the ecological footprint in libraries' workaday operations as well as the social role and responsibility of libraries as leaders in environmental sustainability. The theoretical background and practical applications of contributions made by worldwide libraries to the United Nations 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are discussed. General articles and research studies from Finland, Germany, Portugal, and Brazil illuminate libraries' contributions to the SDGs. Case studies from Sweden, Kenya, Germany, Ukraine, China, and Serbia highlight challenges and opportunities in implementing sustainable approaches in public libraries. Examples of best practice from academic libraries in Hong Kong, Cameroon, Germany, Uganda, USA and Kenya, are presented. All papers published in this book are selected from the best papers of the ENSULIB Satellite Meeting 2017 in Berlin, the ENSULIB/Public Libraries Section's Open Session at the IFLA Conference 2017 in Poland, and from the IFLA Green Library Award 2017. All articles are written in English.--Page 4 of cover.
- 9783110605846 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 25388363