Peace in ancient Egypt [electronic resource] / by Vanessa Davies
- Davies, Vanessa (Vanessa Rowena Hazel)
- Boston ; Leiden : Brill, 
- Physical Description:
- xv, 211 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Hetep and a curious treaty -- Violence and Hetep -- Hetep with and without offerings -- Hetep and Maat -- Interaction and the offering scene -- Hetep, breath, and life -- Hetep and integration -- The Hetep relationship in the treaty.
- "Around the year 1257 bce, the Egyptian king Ramesses II concluded a treaty with Hattu'ili III, the king of the Hittite empire based in Anatolia. This treaty was not the first that an Egyptian king entered into with another king"--
- 9789004380219 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25390178