Transformations of gender in Melanesia [electronic resource] / edited by Martha Macintyre and Ceridwen Spark
- Acton, ACT, Australia : Australian National University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 189 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Macintyre, Martha, 1945- and Spark, Ceridwen
- Pacific series
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: flux and change in Melanesian gender relations -- Securitisation, development and the invisibility of gender / Stephanie Lusby -- Gender struggles of educated men in the Papuan highlands / Jenny Munro -- Kindy and grassroots gender transformations in Solomon Islands / John Cox -- Casting her vote: women's political participation in Solomon Islands / Pauline Soaki -- "I won't go hungry if he's not around": "working class" urban Melanesian women's agency in intimate relationships / Ceridwen Spark -- Pacific policy pathways: young women online and offline / Tait Brimacombe -- Lewa was mama (beloved guardian mother) / Michelle Nayahamui Rooney.
- 9781760460884 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 25390625