The history of the first discovery and settlement of Virginia : being an essay towards a general history of this colony / By William Stith, A.M. rector of Henrico parish, and one of the governors of William and Mary College
- Stith, William, 1689-1755
- Williamsburg : Printed by William Parks, 1747.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 331 (i.e. 341), v, 34 pages ; 21 cm
- Related Titles:
- First discovery and settlement of Virginia
- In five books. The appendix (v, 34 p.) has special t.-p.: An appendix to the first part of the History of Virginia: containing a collection of such ancient charters or letters patent, as relate to that period of time, and are still extant in our publick offices in the capitol, or in other authentic papers and records. Williamsburg, Printed by W. Parks, 1747.
"There were two editions printed at Williamsburg in 1747, with the title-pages reading alike but with the text printed from the same type readjusted." Cf. E.D. Church, A catalogue of books relating to ... America ... v. 4, no. 963. (The differences between the two editions carefully given) Cf. also G. Brinley, Catalogue of the American library ... pt. 2, no. 3796.
Pages bearing foot-notes have single rule above the notes (including p. 21 and 27 of the appendix).
Pagination irregular: p.  incorrectly numbered 410; nos. 247-256 repeated; p.  incorrectly numbered 223.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microform. Ann Arbor, Mich., University Microfilms, 1941. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (American culture series)
View MARC record | catkey: 254565