Faster, smarter, greener : the future of the car and urban mobility / Venkat Sumantran, Charles Fine, and David Gonsalvez
- Sumantran, V., 1958-
- Cambridge, Massachusetts : The MIT Press, 2018.
- Copyright Date:
- First MIT paperback edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 326 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Fine, Charles H.
Gonsalvez, David J. A. (David Joseph Anthony), 1956-
- Tale of two cities -- An urban century -- A softer, greener footprint -- New attitudes -- Innovations for sustainability -- Innovations to support mass customization -- Innovations to stay "always connected" -- Innovations for intelligent cars and autonomy -- Innovations and variations in traditional mobility modes -- Innovations in marketplaces -- CHIP mobility : framework and architecture -- Implementing CHIP mobility : the roles of stakeholders -- Conclusion.
- "The twentieth century was the century of the automobile; the twenty-first will see mobility dramatically re-envisioned. Automobiles altered cityscapes, boosted economies, and made personal mobility efficient and convenient for many. We had a century-long love affair with the car. But today, people are more attached to their smartphones than their cars. Cars are not always the quickest mode of travel in cities; and emissions from the rapidly growing number of cars threaten the planet. This book, by three experts from industry and academia, envisions a new world of mobility that is connected, heterogeneous, intelligent, and personalized (the CHIP architecture)."--Publisher's description.
- 026253620X (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25651526