Joan of Arc in the English imagination, 1429-1829 / Gail Orgelfinger
- Orgelfinger, Gail Margaret, 1951-
- University Park, Pennsylvania : The Pennsylvania State University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 230 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Introduction : "those cursed breeches" -- "We have burned a saint" : Joan of Arc and the English in France -- "The martiall maide" : Joan of Arc and the French in England -- "Penthesilea did it. why not she?" : an English virago -- "A pievish painted Puzel" : Joan of Arc and Mary Queen of Scots in 1 Henry VI -- "Tom Paine in petticoats" : domesticating Joan of Arc -- Afterword : "is that meant to be me?".
- "Explores representations of Joan of Arc in English culture from 1429 until the early nineteenth century, examining the factors that shaped retellings of her military successes and execution"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780271082189 (cloth : alk. paper) and 0271082186
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25792616