Global and culturally diverse leaders and leadership : new dimensions and challenges for business, education and society / edited by Jean Lau Chin, Joseph E. Trimble, Joseph E. Garcia
- Building leadership bridges ; 2058-8801
- Part. 1. New Look at Leadership: Overview. ch. 1 Theory Leadership from Africa: Examples of Trait Theory / Nyasha M. GuramatunhuCooper ; ch. 2 Case for an Indigenous Collectivist Mindset / Kem Gambrell ; ch. 3 Cross-cultural Dimensions of Personal Stories in Communicating Authentic Leadership / Konstantinos Koulouris ; ch. 4 How the Communal Philosophies of Ubuntu in Africa and Confucius Thought in China Might Enrich Western Notions of Leadership / Elizabeth A. Tuleja -- Part. 2. Ethnocultural Contexts. ch. 5 Influence and Global Leadership: China, India, and the Multinational Corporation / Ethan Prizant ; ch. 6 Indo-European Leadership (IEL): A Non-Western Leadership Perspective / Hema A. Krishnan ; ch. 7 Current and Emerging Patterns of Muslim Leadership / Lina Klemkaite -- Part. 3. Application of Global and Diverse Perspectives in Different Contexts. ch. 8 Service Leadership under the Service Economy / Eddie Ng ; ch. 9 Reinvigorating Conversations about Leadership: Application of Strategic Choice Theory to the Social Justice Organizational Leader / Lynn Pasquerella ; ch. 10 Probing Leadership from Racio-Ethnic Perspectives in Higher Education: An Emergent Model of Accelerating Leader Identity / Kristi Robertson ; ch. 11 Campus Unrest in American Higher Education: Challenges and Opportunities for Strategic Diversity Leadership / Kristina Ruiz-Mesa ; ch. 12 Inclusive Leadership and the Dynamics of Multinational Military Operations / Yvonne R. Masakowski -- Part. 4. Future Directions ... ch. 13 New Perspective towards Leadership Paradigm / Damini Saini ; ch. 14 Sustainable, Culturally Competent Approach to Academic Leadership / Tom Otieno ; ch. 15 Addressing Race and Culture within a Critical Leadership Approach / Robert E. Kirsch.
- Global and Culturally Diverse Leaders and Leadership explores diverse cultural leadership styles and paradigms that are dynamic, complex, globally authentic and culturally competent for the 21st century. An outstanding group of scholars considers how the different worldviews and lived experiences of leaders influence their leadership styles. They discuss several dimensions, models and initiatives for examining leadership in a global and diverse world, ultimately offering ways in which these leadership processes may be assessed and cultivated in a culturally sensitive and ecologically valid manner. Redefining leadership as global and diverse, this book imparts a new understanding of the criteria for selecting, training and evaluating leaders in the 21st century.
- 9781787434967 (paperback) and 1787434966 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Terry Yocum Libraries Endowment in Sports Archives and Business ; 2018
View MARC record | catkey: 25793647