Second language assessment and action research / edited by Anne Burns (University of South Wales) and Hanan Khalifa (Cambridge English Language Assessment).
- Additional Titles:
- 2nd language assessment and action research
- Cambridge, United Kingdom : Cambridge University Press, 2017.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 327 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Burns, Anne, 1945-, Khalifa, Hanan, and Cambridge English Language Assessment (Organisation)
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Engaging action research to explore use of assessment for improving language ability / Hanan Khalifa -- pt. 1 Action research for self-assessment -- 2.Encouraging self-assessment of grammatical accuracy and range in speaking / Jennifer Wallace -- 3.Promoting self-assessment in speaking skills for EAP students / Alia Eberstein -- 4.`Only connect': Foregrounding learning and assessment through Facebook engagement / Jade Sleeman -- 5.More upload, less download: Active student participation in their own vocabulary development / Jock Boyd -- pt. 2 Action research for formative assessment -- 6.Developing speaking through formative learner-oriented assessment / Elizabeth Woods -- 7.From wikis to mobile apps: Assessing fluency / Becky Steven -- 8.Harnessing formative feedback for oral skills improvement / Simon Cosgriff -- 9.The impact of student attitudes on EAP grammar feedback / John Gardiner -- 10.Putting assessment for learning into practice to support academic writing / Emily Edwards -- pt. 3 Action research for summative assessment -- 11.Exploring tasks for summative assessment of teachers' connected speech knowledge / Arizio Sweeting -- 12.It's a musical language: The effect of intervention on pronunciation assessment outcomes / Megan Yucel -- 13.Preparing students for an academic presentation assessment / Akile Nazim -- 14.Improving reading skills and test results of learners from Arabic-speaking backgrounds / Amal Khabbaz -- 15.Incorporating student reading habits into an extensive reading program to support language development and test preparation / John Smith -- 16.Assessing the impact of an extensive reading program on vocabulary development / Dimitra Papadimitriou Aidinlis -- 17.Developing and assessing tasks for critical reading for the EAP classroom / Wendy Onslow-Mato -- pt. 4 Conclusion.
- "Cambridge English Lanuage Assessment, Part of the University of Cambridge"--Cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 25798210