Food as a human right : combatting global hunger and forging a path to food sovereignty / William D. Schanbacher
- Schanbacher, William D.
- Santa Barbara, California : Praeger, an Imprint of ABC-CLIO, LLC, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 212 pages ; 25 cm.
- Praeger security international
- Introduction to globalization, food sovereignty, and human rights -- Globalization, development, food security, and the emergence of a global food regime -- The underside of development -- Food sovereignty as an alternative -- Land grabs and the changing face of global food and agriculture -- The corporate consolidation of the global food system -- Water -- Human rights, human responsibilities, and the capabilities approach -- Ethical analysis of food sovereignty and the ethics of globalization -- Conclusion: where have we been, where to now?
- This important work addresses the difficult ethical issues surrounding the accessibility of food to all people as a human right, and not a privilege that emerges because of social structure or benefit of geography.--AMAZON.
- 9781440861772 hardcover alkaline paper
1440861773 hardcover alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25798810