Crowd Dynamics, Volume 1 [electronic resource] : Theory, Models, and Safety Problems / edited by Livio Gibelli, Nicola Bellomo
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Birkhäuser, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- X, 292 pages 103 illustrations, 82 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Gibelli, Livio, Bellomo, N., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Behavioral Human Crowds -- Crowd Dynamics in Virtual Reality -- Pedestrian Movement in Smoke - Theory, Data and Modelling Approaches -- Pedestrian Dynamics - From Empirical Results to Modeling -- One-dimensional conservation laws with non-local point constraints on the flux -- Measure-theoretic models for crowd dynamics -- Numerical methods for mean-field and moment models for pedestrian flow -- Modelling interactions between active and passive agents moving through heterogeneous environments -- Pedestrian Models based on Rational Behaviour.
- This volume explores the complex problems that arise in the modeling and simulation of crowd dynamics in order to present the state-of-the-art of this emerging field and contribute to future research activities. Experts in various areas apply their unique perspectives to specific aspects of crowd dynamics, covering the topic from multiple angles. These include a demonstration of how virtual reality may solve dilemmas in collecting empirical data; a detailed study on pedestrian movement in smoke-filled environments; a presentation of one-dimensional conservation laws with point constraints on the flux; a collection of new ideas on the modeling of crowd dynamics at the microscopic scale; and others. Applied mathematicians interested in crowd dynamics, pedestrian movement, traffic flow modeling, urban planning, and other topics will find this volume a valuable resource. Additionally, researchers in social psychology, architecture, and engineering may find this information relevant to their work.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 25799163