A short introduction to understanding and supporting children with eating disorders / Lucy Watson and Bryan Lask
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Understanding eating disorders -- Causes of eating disorders -- What to look for -- Management -- A short conclusion.
- Increasing numbers of children and young people are presenting for treatment of an eating disorder, but there are many different types and they are often confused, making it difficult to know what support to offer. This easy-to-read guide presents all the vital information on a range of eating disorders: anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, selective eating, and avoidant and restrictive intake disorders. Each eating disorder is clearly defined, making it easy to draw distinctions between them. The book covers their origins, characteristics and typical development, letting teachers and parents know what signs to look out for. There is practical advice on how to help young people, strategies for overcoming common difficulties, as well as information on available treatments. Vignettes feature throughout to help teachers and parents apply knowledge to real-life situations. This is an essential resource for teachers and parents of children and young people with eating disorders.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed October 05, 2017).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25801677