Counselling skills for becoming a wiser practitioner : tools, techniques and reflections for building practice wisdom / Tony Evans ; foreword by Christiane Sanderson
- Evans, Tony (Counseling psychologist)
- Additional Titles:
- Counselling skills for becoming a wiser practitioner, Counselling skills for becoming a wise practitioner, and Becoming a wiser practitioner
- London : Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2015.
- Copyright Date:
- copyright 2015
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (239 pages) : illustrations
- Essential skills for counselling series
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Introduction to Becoming a Wiser Practitioner -- The Streams of Practice Wisdom -- Hovering on the Edge -- Jumping In -- Diving Deeper -- Special Equipment -- Rip Tides -- Practised Wisdom.
- Conveying the reality of the counselling room, this book provides helpful tips and techniques to enable practitioners to develop and refine their skills. At the heart of this book is the idea of 'situated action.' By this we mean suspending purely intellectual faculties and exploring a different kind of intelligence - one shaped in the real world - in essence what happens to theory when it meets real life. This book offers thirty four skills to achieve this kind of practice wisdom which contain a mixture of reflection, client stories, quotes and images. This text will translate theory into practice for students and be a source of inspiration and reflection for the experienced practitioner.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed October 05, 2017).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 231-233) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 25801678