Treatment strategies for substance abuse and process addictions / Robert L. Smith
- Smith, Robert L. (Robert Leonard), 1943-
- Alexandria, VA : American Counseling Association, 
- Copyright Date:
- copyright 2015
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 347 pages) : illustrations
- Language Note:
- In English.
- ADDICTIONS: AN OVERVIEW -- ALCOHOL ADDICTION -- NICOTINE ADDICTION -- MARIJUANA ADDICTION -- METHAMPHETAMINE ADDICTION -- PRESCRIPTION DRUG ADDICTION -- PATHOLOGICAL GAMBLING -- SEXUAL ADDICTION -- DISORDERED EATING -- WORK ADDICTION -- EXERCISE ADDICTION -- COMPULSIVE BUYING/SHOPPING ADDICTION -- INTERNET ADDICTION -- ADDICTIONS: STATUS, RESEARCH, AND FUTURE.
- This distinctive and timely text examines the most prevalent substance and process addictions and focuses on current research and evidence-based treatment strategies. Major substance addictions discussed include alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, methamphetamines, and prescription drugs. Complete chapters are also devoted to the most frequently cited process addictions, making this text unique. Behavioral addictions covered in this text include pathological gambling, sex disorders, disordered eating, work, exercise, shopping, and Internet/gaming.Each chapter contains a listing of student learning outcomes, a case study with reflective questions, techniques for assessment and diagnosis, inpatient and outpatient treatment approaches, and resources for further study. With its emphasis on treatment strategies, this text can be used by practitioners as well as by professors in the classroom in introductory courses in addictions or in subsequent courses that focus on treatment strategies.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed October 05, 2017).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25801719