Design, development, and optimization of bio-mechatronic engineering products / Kaushik Kumar and J. Paulo Davim, editors
- Hershey, Pennsylvania (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pennsylvania, 17033, USA) : IGI Global, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (21 PDFs (xix, 312 pages)).
- Additional Creators:
- Kumar, K. (Kaushik), 1968-, Davim, J. Paulo, and IGI Global
- Advances in mechatronics and mechanical engineering (AMME) book series
- Section 1. Review of the state of the art. Chapter 1. A systematic aurvey of the realm of biomechanics: a mechanical engineer's perspective ; Chapter 2. A brief history of prosthetics and orthotics of the lower body and their types ; Chapter 3. Bioresorbable composites and implant -- Section 2. Scaffolds and tissue engineering. Chapter 4. Scaffolds and tissue engineering applications by 3D bio-printing process: a new approach -- Section 3. Prosthesis: design, machining, and optimization. Chapter 5. Design of a prosthetic ankle complex: a study in biomimetic system design ; Chapter 6. Experimental investigation on ECMM with nimonic 75 alloy for prosthetic component ; Chapter 7. Correction of artifacts and optimization of atomic force microscopy imaging: a case of thin aluminum films for prosthetic applications ; Chapter 8. Optimization methods for minimizing induced stress during tensile testing of prosthetic composite materials -- Section 4. Orthotics. Chapter 9. A review on materials for orthotic devices: processing and characterization ; Chapter 10. Modeling and numerical analysis of advanced machining for orthotic components.
- "This book explores the design and development of bio-mechanical engineering products across the globe"--
- 9781522582366 ebook and 1522582363
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25803791