Hydrology and water resource management : breakthroughs in research and practice / Information Resources Management Association, editor
- Hershey, PA : Engineering Science Reference, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Information Resources Management Association
- Machine generated contents note: Section 1 Climate Change -- ch. 1 Entangled Systems at the Energy-Water-Food Nexus: Challenges and Opportunities / Lawrence Agbemabiese -- ch. 2 Climate Change and Agriculture: Time for a Responsive and Responsible System of Water Management / Neela Rayavarapu -- ch. 3 Environmental Vulnerability to Climate Change in Mediterranean Basin: Socio-Ecological Interactions Between North and South / Ahmed Karmaoui -- ch. 4 Climate Change Impacts on Surface Water Quality / William Moyce -- ch. 5 Sustainable Land Use and Watershed Management in Response to Climate Change Impacts: Case Study in Srepok Watershed, Central Highland of Vietnam / Duong Ngoc Minh -- Section 2 Economics -- ch. 6 "Virtual Water" and Occam's Razor: An Explanation From the Perspective of Economics of Water / Anandajit Goswami -- ch. 7 What Price for Ecosystem Services in China? Comparing Three Valuation Methods for Water Quality Improvement / Shiran Shen -- ch. 8 Valuation and Market-Based Pricing of Economic and Ecosystem Services of Water Resources / Anandajit Goswami -- Section 3 Environmental Management -- ch. 9 Coastal Impervious Cover and Watershed Scale: Implications for Environmental Management New Hanover County, North Carolina / Thomas R. Allen -- ch. 10 Water Scarcity and Conflicts: Can Water Futures Exchange in South Asia Provide the Answer? / Anandajit Goswami -- ch. 11 Site-Suitability Analysis for the Identification of Potential Sites to Construct Rain Water Harvesting Systems / Shreyashi Santra Mitra -- ch. 12 Management and Modeling of Waste Water Treatment Systems / Mirko Marinkovski -- ch. 13 Hydrological Risk Phenomena and Flood Analysis: Study Case -- Taita Catchment, Romania / Andreea Andronic -- Section 4 Governance, Policy, and Society -- ch. 14 Adaptive Coevolution: Realigning the Water Governance Regime to the Changing Climate / Fengting Li -- ch. 15 Water and Sanitation: A Case Study for Policy Implication to Reaching Global Development Goals in Developing Nations / Mutuku Mwanthi -- ch. 16 Water Crises in Urban-Rural Gradients of African Drylands: Insights into Opportunities and Constraints / Aliyu Barau -- ch. 17 Youths' Economic and Regulatory Traits in Water Resources Management as a Precursor for Good Water Governance / Kevin Gatt -- ch. 18 Issues With Water Quality: How Do We Get Our Fellow Citizens to Care? / Rhana Smout Paris -- ch. 19 Youths' Social Traits in Water Management as a Precursor for Good Water Governance / Kevin Gatt.
- "This book is an innovative source of scholarly research on the latest technologies and techniques in optimizing current processes in managing water resources. Highlighting a range of pertinent topics such as climate change, sustainability, and water treatment"--
- 9781522534280 (electronic bk.)
1522534288 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 25803802