Purcell songs [sound recording].
- If music be the food of love -- Oh, fair Cedaria -- I see she fly's me -- The sparrow and the gentle dove -- Fly swift, ye hours -- Cinthia frowns whene'er I woo her -- Not all my torments -- Fairest isle of isles excelling -- If music be the food of love (Second version) -- Love thou can'st hear -- Let us dance -- Sweeter than roses -- Beneath a poplar's shadow lay me -- Ah, cruel nymph -- Music for a while.
- Related Titles:
- Music for a while
- Cover title: Music for a while.
Notes by Richard Luckett with texts on container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Paul Esswood, countertenor; Johann Sonnleitner, harpsichord; Charles Medlam, viola da gamba.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded on 12, 13 October, 1981, in the Church of St. George the Martyr, Holborn, London.
View MARC record | catkey: 258047