Miscellaneous: Charges by Thomas Stiles against Shem Bridges and council at Balasore, 1669 : Legal document 1669/08-1669/10.
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: IOR/G/40: Factory Records: Miscellaneous, 1608-1727. 29 volumes.These records contain material on various factories including Anjengo, Armagon, Bombay, Fort St George, Masulipatam, Petapoli, Surat and Tanjore.
- IOR/G: East India Company Factory Records (1608-1858). A 'factory' was a trading post where a number of merchants, or factors, resided. When company ships arrived at the factories, ships' merchants were thus enabled to exchange goods for trading immediately instead of having to wait to make deals with local merchants. Factories were run by a chief factor and a council of factors. The 'Factory Records' is an artificially-created sub-fonds; the records of individual Company factories consist mainly of consultations (records of administrative decisions and of correspondence), diaries (records of daily activities), letters received, copies of letters sent and collections of papers on particular subjects. and AMDigital Reference: IOR/G/40/13.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Miscellaneous: Charges by Thomas Stiles against Shem Bridges and council at Balasore, 1669 Aug-Oct 1669.
- Location of Originals:
- The British Library
- Copyright Note:
- The British Library Board
View MARC record | catkey: 25805478