Location analytics for business : the research and marketing strategic advantage / David Z. Beitz
- Beitz, David Z.
- New York, New York (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Business Expert Press, 2018.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xix, 72 pages) : illustrations
- Big data and business analytics collection, 2333-6757
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- 1. How to recognize spatial problems and opportunities by becoming a "spatial thinker" -- 2. Location analytics project development -- 3. Integration with other business systems (business intelligence versus location analytics) -- 4. Mobile devices -- 5. Business location analytics applications for various industries -- 6. Top 5 retailers based on superzips study -- 7. Predictive location analytics: the PetSmart acquisition of Petco -- 8. Planned Grocery (a real estate location analytics platform) -- 9. Solar Farm Site Selection with National Land Realty -- 10. Eastdil Secured (real estate investment banking) -- 11. Dataminr (real-time information discovery) -- 12. Placed (consumer location analytics) -- 13. Esri (mapping and analytics software) -- 14. Gravitech Development (gravity modeling) -- 15. Orbital Insight (aerial analytics) -- 16. Conclusion -- About the author -- Index.
- It's estimated that 80 percent of an organization's data contains spatial attributes, but many don't understand how to unlock the potential of this data for their organizations to make better decisions. You have just been handed the keys by finding this book. Readers will unlock these methods by learning about location analytics as well as taking a deep dive into the Planned Grocery platform created in part by the author. The Planned Grocery location analytics platform has been mentioned in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Bloomberg, and Business Insider. A sampling of clients of Planned Grocery include: Philips Edison and Company, Just Fresh, Slate Retail REIT, Wegmans, and Whole Foods. The practical information in this book is designed to prepare you to recognize and take advantage of situations where you and your organization can become more successful using location analytics. This will be accomplished by taking you through an explanation of the fundamentals of location analytics, by looking at various case studies, by learning how to identify and analyze spatial data sets, and by learning about the companies that are doing interesting work in this space.
- 9781631571435 e-book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 25808023