Cognitive behavioral approaches for counselors / Diane Shea, Holy Family University
- Shea, Diane
- Los Angeles : SAGE, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (120 pages) : illustrations
- Theories for counselors series
- chapter 1. Client and relationship in REBT/CBT -- chapter 2. Basic tenets of REBT/CBT -- chapter 3. Evolution of REBT/CBT -- chapter 4. Multiculturalism -- chapter 5. A case illustration using REBT/CBT.
- REBT/CBT therapies are presented with an emphasis on the therapeutic relationship from a common factors perspective. -- REBT/CBT therapies are presented with an emphasis on the therapeutic relationship from a common factors perspective. -- Research demonstrating that REBT/CBT is highly compatible with major world religions such as Christianity, Judaism, and Islam is imparted. -- The author shows that as "third wave" cognitive therapies-such as Mindfulness-Based CBT, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy-evolved, these approaches incorporated elements of spirituality into treatments while continuing to emphasize the therapeutic alliance.
- 9781483393650 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 89-108) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25808599