The ultimate student teaching guide / Kisha N. Daniels, North Carolina Central University, Gerrelyn C. Patterson, North Carolina Central University, Yolanda L. Dunston, North Carolina Central University
- Daniels, Kisha N.
- Los Angeles : Sage Publications, Inc., 
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (209 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Patterson, Gerrelyn C. and Dunston, Yolanda Lyght
- Part I. People -- Part II. Politics -- Part III. Planning -- Part IV. Performance.
- Concise and focused on practical strategies, this engaging, lighthearted guide provides teacher candidates a road map for negotiating the complex and diverse terrain of pre-K through 12 schools, while providing opportunities to develop the skills of reflection that are crucial to becoming a successful practitioner. The <strong>Second Edition</strong> provides practical, research-based, field-tested strategies that student teachers can immediately apply as they encounter school concerns, solve classroom challenges, negotiate social conflicts, and, new to this edition, navigate the job search and interview process. Concluding chapters challenge readers to view student teaching as a process and to use reflection as a tool for professional growth. Thoroughly updated throughout, the Second Edition includes expanded coverage of workplace professionalism, an introduction to accreditation and the Common Core standards, and ...
- 9781483399249 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25808676