Health, happiness, and well-being : better living through psychological science / Steven Jay Lynn, Binghamton University (suny), William T. O'Donohue, University of Nevada, Reno, Scott O. Lilienfeld, Emory University, USA, editors
- Los Angeles : SAGE, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (462 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Lynn, Steven J., O'Donohue, William T., and Lilienfeld, Scott O., 1960-
- Part I. Essential skills for better living -- Part II. Coping and resilience -- Part III. Staying healthy and becoming healthier -- Part IV. Happiness and spirituality -- part V. Enriching relationships, managing money.
- Health, Happiness, and Well-Being provides readers with a panoramic view of what the best psychological science has to offer regarding how to attain physical health and optimum psychological functioning. Students, faculty, general readers, and professionals can rely on the expertise of leading scholars to assist them in evaluating claims and appreciating the influence of popular yet unsubstantiated beliefs in shaping opinions about behavioral health and psychological well-being. Packed with examples drawn from the media and scientific journals, the authors discuss why accurate, up-to-date, and valid health information is vital to achieving the good life.
- 9781483385822 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 25808722