Art therapy / David Edwards
- Edwards, David G., 1954-
- London ; Thousand Oaks, Calif. : SAGE, 
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (189 pages) : illustrations
- SAGE Knowledge: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- chapter 1. What is art therapy? -- chapter 2. The historical background to art therapy -- chapter 3. The emergence of art therapy as a profession in the UK -- chapter 4. Frames of references : psychoanalysis, art and art therapy -- chapter 5. Art therapy in practice -- chapter 6. Training : from apprentice to practitioner -- chapter 7. Professional issues.
- This bestselling introduction to art therapy brings theory to life through case material and examples of real artwork produced during therapy sessions. Practising art therapist, Dave Edwards, explains key theoretical ideas - such as symbolism, play, transference and interpretation - and shows how these relate to practice.
- 9781526401533 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 164-186) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25808745