Teaching secondary English [electronic resource] / Mark A. Pike
- Pike, Mark A.
- London : Paul Chapman, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 198 pages) : illustrations
- SAGE knowledge: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Machine generated contents note: Pt. I Principles and practice -- 1.The art of teaching English -- 2.'Operational' lesson planning -- 3.'Metre' reading: assessment in English -- 4.English teachers' professional development -- Pt. II Teaching the English curriculum -- 5.Literature and literacy at Key Stage 3 -- 6.Teaching GCSE English and English literature -- 7.Teaching English 16-18: Advanced level -- Pt. III Challenging English -- 8.Making meaning: the media, ICT and drama -- 9.Differentiation and the individual: gender, ethnicity and special needs -- 10.Firing the canon -- 11.Popularizing poetry -- 12.Spiritual and moral development through English.
- Mark Pike's book enables English teachers to implement change and rise to new challenges, whilst remaining true to an ethically and socially just stance that provides the rationale for their vocation.
- 9781446215227 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25809546