The body and psychology [electronic resource] / edited by Henderikus J. Stam
- London : SAGE, 1998.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (ix, 240 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Stam, Henderikus J., 1954-
- Machine generated contents note: 1.The Body's Psychology and Psychology's Body: Disciplinary and Extra-disciplinary Examinations / Henderikus J. Stam -- 2.Displays and Fragments: Embodiment and the Configuration of Social Worlds / Alan Radley -- 3.Establishing Embodiment in Psychology / Edward E. Sampson -- 4.Mind as Body Moving in Space: Bringing the Body Back into Self-Psychology / Harry J. G. Kempen -- 5.'Loving the Computer': Cognition, Embodiment and the Influencing Machine / Elizabeth A. Wilson -- 6.Feminism, Psychology and Matters of the Body / Kareen Ror Malone / Betty M. Bayer -- 7.Situated Knowledges of Personal Embodiment: Transgender Activists' and Psychological Theorists' Perspectives on 'Sex' and 'Gender' / Mary Brown Parlee -- 8.Habitus: From the Inside Out and the Outside In / Caterina Pizanias -- 9.The Body as a Selfing Device: The Case of Anorexia Nervosa / Paul Voestermans / Cor Baerveldt -- 10.The Psychology and Management of Pain: Gate Control as Theory and Symbol / Robert Kugelmann -- 11.From Dysappearance to Hyperappearance: Sliding Boundaries of Illness and Bodies / Arthur W. Frank.
- 'The Body and Psychology' provides a range of possibilities, suggestions and manifestos for the importance of the body to the discipline of psychology.
- 9781446279175 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- 10th chapter previously published in: Theory and psychology 7/4, 1997 : all others previously published in: Theory and and psychology 6/4, 1996 - t.p. verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25809554