Creative ways to teach literacy [electronic resource] : ideas for children aged 3 to 11 / [edited by] Virginia Bower
- Los Angeles, [Calif.] ; London : SAGE, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 101 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Bower, Virginia
- Machine generated contents note: Section 1 Narrative -- 1.Enhancing children's writing / Virginia Bower -- 2.An exploration of traditional tales / Caroline Tancock -- 3.Writing from experience / Justine Earl -- Section 2 Poetry -- 4.Playground games as a foundation for literacy lessons / Karen Vincent -- 5.Using poetic form: an approach to poetry writing in the primary classroom / Virginia Bower -- 6.Poetry is slamming: different ways to perform poetry in primary schools / Andrew Lambirth -- Section 3 Non-fiction -- 7.Inspiring and enthusing children as readers and writers of non-fiction / Michael Green -- 8.Lights, camera, action take 9! / Tracy Parvin -- 9.Enhancing children's language acquisition and development through non-fiction / Virginia Bower.
- Covering the essential areas of practice, this book suggests ways to make your literacy teaching as creative and engaging as possible. Children get the most out of their learning when it is exciting, and this book offers great ideas for classroom practice, whilst making careful links to research.
- 9781446250662 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25809571