Global civil society yearbook 2004/05 [electronic resource] / Helmut Anheier, Marlies Glasius, Mary Kaldor, editors-in-chief ; Fiona Holland, managing editor
- London : SAGE, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiii, 375 pages) : illustrations (some color), color maps
- Additional Creators:
- Anheier, Helmut K., 1954-, Glasius, Marlies, Kaldor, Mary, Holland, Fiona, Centre for Civil Society (London School of Economics and Political Science), London School of Economics and Political Science. Centre for the Study of Global Governance, and University of California, Los Angeles. Center for Civil Society
- Machine generated contents note: Introduction / Mary Kaldor / Helmut Anheier / Marlies Glasius -- Ch. 1 'Global civil society' : a sceptical view / Kenneth Anderson / David Rieff -- Ch. 2 Beyond methodological modernism : towards a multicultural paradigm shift in the social sciences / Heba Raouf Ezzat -- Ch. 3 Global civil society : an Arab perspective / Mohamed El-Sayed Said -- Ch. 4 Global civil society : oil and activism / Yahia Said -- Ch. 5 Civil society, democracy and power : global connections / Hillary Wainwright -- Ch. 6 The new pioneers : the people behind global civil society / Paola Grenier -- Ch. 7 Philanthropic foundations : a new global force? / Helmut Anheier / Siobhan Daly -- Ch. 8 Trade union internationalism and a global civil society in the making / Peter Waterman / Jill Timms -- Network approaches to global civil society / Helmut Anheier / Hagai Katz.
- 'Global Civil Society' is the standard work on the topic. It contains a wealth of detail on globalization, people's values and attitudes, governance and civil liberties, plus a chronology of the conferences, campaigns and protests that are the sinews of global civil society.
- 9781446211908 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Published in association with the Centre for the Study of Global Governance and Centre for Civil Society, London School of Economics and Political Science, and the Center for Civil Society, University of California, Los Angeles.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25809684