Social work [electronic resource] : a companion to learning / edited by Mark Lymbery and Karen Postle
- Los Angeles, Calif. ; London : SAGE, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 302 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Lymbery, Mark and Postle, Karen
- SAGE knowledge: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Social work in challenging times / Mark Lymbery / Karen Postle -- 2.The political, societal and economic context of practice / Bill Jordan -- 3.The place of values in social work education / Richard Hugman -- 4.Uncertainty : the defining characteristic of social work? / Jan Fook -- 5.Social work and the use of self : on becoming and being a social worker / Gillian Ruch / Kaeren Harrison -- 6.Why bother? : the truth about service user involvement / Advocacy in Action -- 7.Research mindedness / Beth Humphries -- 8.The rise and rise of interprofessional education? / Colin Whittington -- 9.Social work in an international context / Steven M. Shardlow -- 10.Social work law / Robert Johns -- 11.The process of social work : assessment, planning, intervention and review / Jonathan Parker -- 12.Communication skills in social work / Juliet Koprowska -- 13.Understanding the life course / Paul Bywaters -- 14.Partnership working : the interdisciplinary agenda / Malcolm Payne -- 15.Practice learning in context / Martin Gill / Vicky Harris -- 16.Social work in a digital society / Jackie Rafferty / Jan Steyaert -- 17.Social work in its organisational context / Mark Lymbery -- 18.Continuous professional development / Helen Gorman / Mark Lymbery -- 19.Professional development in the workplace / Tina Eadie -- 20.Partnership working : service users and social workers learning and working together / Brian Maslen / Manny / Maggie / Jenny / Anna Sartori / Fran Branfield / Peter Beresford -- 21.Using supervision : support or surveillance? / Nigel Horner / Jeremy Peach -- 22.Management / John Harris / Vicky White -- 23.Value conflicts in practice / Karen Postle.
- This book equips readers with the core knowledge and skills they need to successfully complete their social work training and go on to be an effective practitioner. The chapters comprise a wide range of key issues, such as communication skills, partnership working, the values of social work, and supervision.
- 9781446247167 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25810046