Working with children of alcoholics [electronic resource] : the practitioner's handbook / Bryan E. Robinson, J. Lyn Rhoden
- Robinson, Bryan E.
- Thousand oaks, [Calif.] ; London : SAGE, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 233 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Rhoden, J. Lyn
- Machine generated contents note: 1.A Systems Perspective of the Family -- 2.A Sociohistorical Perspective of Alcoholism in the United States -- 3.Living and Surviving in an Alcoholic Home -- 4.Psychological Adjustment of Children of Alcoholics -- 5.Risks and Hazards in Behavior and Development -- 6.Identifying Children of Alcoholics -- 7.Programs and Treatment Strategies for Children of Alcoholics -- 8.Intergenerational Transmission of Alcoholism -- 9.Resources for Working With Children of Alcoholics.
- An examination of the effects of alcoholism on essential family processes and the place of alcoholism in a larger cultural context are included in this book. The authors also address children's academic performance and behavioural problems.
- 9781452232928 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25810122