Personality theories [electronic resource] : critical perspectives / Albert Ellis, Mike Abrams ; with Lidia D. Abrams ; with contributions by Alexander Nussbaum and Rebecca J. Frey
- Ellis, Albert, 1913-2007
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. ; London : SAGE, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xix, 696 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Abrams, Mike and Abrams, Lidia D. (Lidia Dengelegi)
- Machine generated contents note: 1.The Study of Personality: Introduction -- 2.Historical Perspectives on Personality -- 3.Personality Research -- 4.Freud and the Dynamic Unconscious -- 5.Psychoanalysis in Theory and Practice -- 6.Freud's Followers -- 7.Psychiatric and Medical Models -- 8.The Neo-Freudians -- 9.Personality and Traits -- 10.Behaviorist Views of Personality -- 11.Humanistic Views of Personality -- 12.Carl Rogers and Humanist Psychotherapy -- 13.Early Cognitive Views of Personality -- 14.Biology, Genetics, and the Evolution of Personality -- 15.Abnormal Personality and Personality Disorders -- 16.Albert Ellis and the Rational Emotive Behavioral Theory of Personality -- 17.Religious, New Age, and Traditional Approaches to Personality.
- 'Personality Theories' by Albert Ellis - the founding father of Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy - provides a comprehensive review of all major theories of personality including theories of personality pathology. Importantly, it critically reviews each of these theories in light of the competing theories as well as recent research.
- 9781452231617 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25810186