Gendering welfare states [electronic resource] / edited by Diane Sainsbury
- London : SAGE, 1994.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (ix, 228 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Sainsbury, Diane
- SAGE modern politics series ; v. 35
- Machine generated contents note: 2.Gender and Welfare States: Some Theoretical Reflections / Jet Bussemaker / Kees van Kersbergen -- 3.Welfare State Regimes, Women's Interests and the EC / Anette Borchorst -- 4.Childcare and Types of Welfare States / Siv Gustafsson -- 5.The German and British Welfare States as Employers: Patriarchal or Emancipatory? / Traute Meyer -- 6.Work, Welfare and Gender Equality: A New Typology / Alan Siaroff -- 7.Comparing Welfare States: Towards a Gender Friendly Approach / Mary Daly -- 8.Men's Welfare State, Women's Welfare State: Tendencies to Convergence in Practice and Theory? / Michael Bittman / Sue Donath / Lois Bryson -- 9.German Pension Insurance, Gendered Times and Stratification / Kirsten Scheiwe -- 10.Women's and Men's Social Rights: Gendering Dimensions of Welfare States / Diane Sainsbury -- 11.Solo Mothers, Social Policy Regimes, and the Logics of Gender / Barbara Hobson -- 12.Social Policy and Gender in Eastern Europe / Toni Makkai.
- The international and interdisciplinary contributors approach the subject on two levels. First, they test the applicability of mainstream frameworks to new areas in analyzing gender. Second, they highlight possible reconceptualizations and innovative frameworks designed to provide gender-based analyses.
- 9781446250518 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25810596