Every child can learn [electronic resource] : using learning tools and play to help children with developmental delay / Katrin Stroh, Thelma Robinson and Alan Proctor ; illustrated by Jane Dickson
- Stroh, Katrin
- Los Angeles, Calif. ; London : SAGE, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxi, 240 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Robinson, Thelma, Proctor, Alan, and Dickson, Jane
- Machine generated contents note: Sect. I Functional Learning Theory and Practice -- Ch. 1 Historical Background -- Ch. 2 Play and Learning -- Ch. 3 Functional Learning -- Ch. 4 Assessment -- Sect. II Development of the Learning Tools -- Ch. 5 The Placing Tool -- Ch. 6 The Piling Tool -- Ch. 7 The Banging Tool and the Drawing Tool -- Ch. 8 The Pairing Tool -- Ch. 9 The Matching Tool -- Ch. 10 The Sorting Tool -- Ch. 11 The Sequencing Tool -- Ch. 12 The Brick Building Tool -- Sect. III Extending the Learning Activities -- Ch. 13 Coding -- Ch. 14 Intersectional Sorting -- Ch. 15 Worksheets -- Sect. IV Communication, Emotional Growth and the Family -- Ch. 16 Language and Communication -- Ch. 17 Therapeutic Work with Parents -- Ch. 18 Feeding and Eating in Young Children with Developmental Delay -- Sect. V Functional Learning in Different Settings -- Ch. 19 A Class in a Residential Unit -- Ch. 20 Functional Learning and Inclusion in Mainstream Education -- Ch. 21 International Links.
- Fully illustrated, this book draws extensively on the authors' many years of practical work & offers techniques & activities used to help children develop their learning with a focus on working with parents, language & communication, behaviour & emotional development, & integration of learning into everyday life.
- 9781446216569 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25810782