Investigating entrepreneurial opportunities [electronic resource] : a practical guide for due diligence / Richard P. Green II, James J. Carroll
- Green, Richard P.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. ; London : SAGE, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 182 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Carroll, James J.
- Entrepreneurship and the management of growing enterprises
- Machine generated contents note: 1.An Overview of Investigation -- 2.Defining the Enterprise -- 3.Defining the Product -- 4.Investigating the Market for the Product -- 5.Investigating Product Costs of Manufactured Goods -- 6.Investigating Purchased Items -- 7.Facility Concerns -- 8.Insurance for the Business -- 9.Valuation of Short-Term Assets -- 10.Valuation of Long-Term Assets -- 11.Intangible Assets -- 12.Short-Term Liabilities -- 13.Long-Term Liabilities -- 14.Contingent Liabilities and Pending Litigation -- 15.Owner Discretionary Spending -- 16.Placing a Value on the Business -- IRS Publications -- Sources of Demographic Information -- Tasks to Be Completed for Due Diligence -- Questions to Be Answered During the Exercise of Due Diligence.
- Both authors have bought and sold several businesses, and here they explain the process in simple, easy-to-follow steps that cover all the basics such as market, products, insurance facilities, assets and short and long term liabilities.
- 9781452220420 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25810997