The changing transition to adulthood [electronic resource] : leaving and returning home / Frances Goldscheider and Calvin Goldscheider
- Goldscheider, Frances K.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. ; London : SAGE, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xviii, 257 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Goldscheider, Calvin
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Leaving and Returning Home in 20th Century America -- 2.Out of the Nest -- 3.Back to the Nest -- 4.Runaways and Stay-At-Homes -- 5.The Changing Role of Regional Communities -- 6.Who Left Whom? The Effects of Childhood Family Structure -- 7.Sons And Daughters -- 8.Leaving and Returning to the Feathered Nest -- 9.The Shifting Ethnic Mosaic -- 10.Religious Transformation and Family Values -- 11.What Is New In Nest-Leaving In 20th Century America?.
- Examines the reasons why children ultimately leave home to live on their own and how the pattern has changed throughout the 20th century.
- 9781452234014 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25811137