Immaterial bodies [electronic resource] : affect, embodiment, mediation / by Lisa Blackman
- Blackman, Lisa, 1965-
- London : SAGE, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxv, 209 pages).
- Theory, culture & society
- Machine generated contents note: 1.The Subject of Affect: Bodies, Process, Becoming -- 2.The Crowd and The Problem of Personality -- 3.Mental Touch: Media Technologies and the Problem of Telepathy -- 4.The Re-enchantment of Materialism: Affect and New Materialisms -- 5.Affect, Energy, Rhythm and Transmission -- 6.The Problem of Automatism: Divided Attention, Voice Hearing and Machinic Vision -- 7.Neuroscience: The Bicameral Mind and the Double Brain.
- Blackman focuses upon the affective capacities of bodies, human and non-human as well as addressing the challenges of the affective turn within the social sciences. She uncovers the paradoxes and tensions in work in affect studies by focusing on practices and experiences, including voice hearing, suggestion, hypnosis, telepathy, the placebo effect, rhythm and related phenomena.
- 9781446288153 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25811340