Motivating every learner [electronic resource] / Alan McLean
- Mclean, Alan, 1951-
- London : SAGE, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 262 pages) : illustrations
- SAGE knowledge: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Machine generated contents note: 1.What makes pupils tick -- 2.What pupils need -- 3.What pupils do to motivate themselves -- 4.What pupils need to meet their needs for themselves -- 5.How resilience shapes how pupils meet their needs -- 6.How pupils feel about themselves: their emotions as their personal guide -- 7.What teachers do to motivate their pupils -- 8.Teaching styles -- 9.The learning stances -- 10.The layers of the matrix -- 11.The opposing reaction -- 12.The alarming and draining reaction -- 13.The hiding reaction -- 14.The exasperating reaction -- 15.The positive learning stances -- 16.Recap, recurring themes and concluding thoughts -- Appendix. 1 How are the 3As met in your school? -- Appendix. 2 How motivating is my classroom?.
- This title explores the interactions between teachers and pupils, presenting various ways of engaging young people in learning.
- 9781446269299 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25811621