Person-centred therapy with children and young people / David Smyth
- Smyth, David (Psychotherapist)
- Additional Titles:
- Person-centered therapy with children and young people
- Los Angeles : SAGE, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (218 pages) : illustrations
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Theory and Practice -- 1.The Person-centred Approach - Children and Young People -- 2.Child-centred Therapy - An Introduction -- 3.Associated Child-related Theories -- 4.The Emerging Child-centred Practitioner -- 5.Child-centred Therapy - Developing Practice I -- 6.Child-centred Therapy - Developing Practice II -- 7.Child-centred Therapy - Children with Particular Needs -- 8.Directive and Non-directive Therapy -- 9.Play, Materials and Dialogue in Therapy -- pt. II Professional Issues -- 10.Receiving Referrals and Communications -- 11.Boundaries in Child-centred Therapy -- 12.Multi-professional Practice -- 13.Aspects of the Law in Child-centred Therapy.
- This engaging new book presents a 'child-centred' model of therapy that is thoroughly person-centred in its values. Establishing the roots of child-centred therapy in both child development theories and the Rogerian model, David Smyth demonstrates that counselling the person-centred way is exceptionally relevant to young people. The book further develops child-centred therapy theory and practice, applying the model to real-life practice with children and young people, whether in play, school, organisations or with those with special needs. It also explores the complex professional issues so critical with this age group, including challenging boundaries, establishing an effective relationship with parents and other primary carers, legal and ethical considerations, and multi-professional practice. The author's warm, accessible style conveys his passionate conviction that the person-centred approach can provide ...
- 9781526435828 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -212) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25813145