The Sage handbook of industrial, work & organizational psychology : personnel psychology and employee performance / [edited by] Deniz S. Ones, Neil Anderson, Handan Kepir Sinangil
- Thousand Oaks, CA : SAGE Inc., 2017.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (641 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Ones, Deniz S., 1965-, Anderson, Neil, 1961-, and Sinangil, Handan Kepir
- SAGE Knowledge: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I PROFESSIONAL CONTEXT: THEORY AND PRACTICE -- 1.The Functioning of Theory in Industrial, Work and Organizational Psychology (IWOP) / Michael P. Wilmot -- 2.Ethical Issues and Standards in Research and Applications of Industrial, Work and Organizational Psychology / Rodney L. Lowman -- pt. II INDIVIDUAL BEHAVIOR AT WORK -- 3.Individual Job Performance / Chockalingam Viswesvaran -- 4.Conceptualization and Measurement of Typical and Maximum Performance / Jessica Grazi -- 5.Organizational Citizenship Behaviors -- A New Look at an Old Phenomenon at Different Levels / Dongwon Choi -- 6.Counterproductive Work Behaviors / Deniz S. Ones -- 7.Adaptive Performance / Dustin K. Jundt -- 8.Political Effectiveness at Work / Madeleine Wyatt -- 9.Cognitive Ability / Stephan Dilchert -- pt. III INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES AND CAPABILITIES -- 10.Job Knowledge: Its Definition, Development and Measurement / Anton J. Villado -- 11.Political Skill / Gerald R. Ferris -- 12.Personality in Industrial, Work and Organizational Psychology: Theory, Measurement and Application / Ute R. Hulsheger -- 13.Taxonomies and Compendia of Cognitive Ability and Personality Constructs and Measures Relevant to Industrial, Work and Organizational Psychology / Deniz S. Ones -- 14.Work Preferences: Vocational Interests and Values / Brenton M. Wiernik -- pt. IV STAFFING, DECISION MAKING AND TRAINING -- 15.Non-Test Methods and Techniques Used in Employee Selection / Deniz S. Ones -- 16.Judgment and Decision Making in Staffing Research and Practice / Nathan R. Kuncel -- 17.Recruitment, Job Search and Job Choice: An Integrated Literature Review / Zhaoli Song -- 18.Applicant Perspectives on Employee Selection Systems / Sara M. Ahmed -- 19.Training and Learning in Work Roles / Jack W. Kostal -- 20.Judgment and Decision Making in the Workplace / Scott Highhouse.
- The first volume in The SAGE Handbook of Industrial, Organizational and Work Psychology introduces key concepts in personnel and employee performance from cognitive ability and the psychological predictors used in assessments to employee and team values. The editor and contributors present a clear overview of key research in the areas of behaviour change and how to assess individual job performance - making Volume I indispensable for anyone working in or studying Human Resource Management.
- 9781473914940 (ebook)
View MARC record | catkey: 25813167