The practice of collaborative counseling & psychotherapy : developing skills in culturally mindful helping / David A. Pare
- Paré, David A.
- Additional Titles:
- Practice of collaborative counseling and psychotherapy
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : SAGE, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (477 pages) : illustrations
- Collaborative Helping Skills is a T1 for courses in the helping professions that helps students learn the basic skills of helping. The course is a requirement for any student in counseling, psychotherapy, or social work as it prepares the student for the work they will be doing with clients. This book has a focus on developing skills that are collaborative by involving the client in the helping process/solution and it has an integrated focus on multicultural skills and social justice. The book first outlines the basic process of counseling and counselor self care, then goes into conversation and counseling, receiving, attending, listening, positive regard, empathy, and connection. Then the author moves into the basics of developing a relationship with the client as well as relating ...
- 9781544308456 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 448-468) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 25813200