Historical nursing journals [electronic resource] / Royal College of Nursing
- London : Royal College of Nursing, 
- Additional Creators:
- Royal College of Nursing (Great Britain)
- A freely available online database. Contains scanned images (.pdf files) of one of the earliest nursing journals: The Nursing record, which began publication in 1888 and changed its title to: The British journal of nursing in 1902. The publication ceased entirely in 1956. This database includes a search engine and a browse by issue feature. It also contains an index. The overall aim of the project is to facilitate and promote research into the history of nursing by improving access to early nursing journals. These journals represent an untapped source for many areas of and interdisciplinary research, including women's history, gender, religion, colonialism, military history, economic history, ethnicity and culture.philanthropy, social and
- Related Titles:
- Nursing record and British journal of nursing
- Description based on site as viewed on: Sept. 30, 2003; title from caption on introductory page.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: Internet. and System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 2590664