Chicago [videorecording] / a Producer Circle Co. production ; a Zadan/Meron production ; a Miramax Films production ; produced by Martin Richards ; screenplay by Bill Condon ; directed by Rob Marshall
- Uniform Title:
- Chicago (Motion picture : 2002)
- [United States] : Miramax Home Entertainment, 
Burbank, Calif. : Distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment.
- Copyright Date:
- [Widescreen version].
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (113 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Richards, Martin, 1940 January 26-, Condon, Bill, 1955-, Marshall, Rob, Zellweger, Renée, 1969-, Zeta-Jones, Catherine, 1969-, Gere, Richard, 1949-, Queen Latifah, 1970-, Reilly, John C., 1965-, Liu, Lucy, 1968-, Beebe, Dion, Kander, John, Ebb, Fred, Elfman, Danny, Atwood, Colleen, Myhre, John, Fosse, Bob, 1927-1987, Watkins, Maurine, Producer Circle Company, Miramax Films, Miramax Home Entertainment (Firm), and Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- Closed-captioned; English or French soundtrack; optional subtitles in Spanish.
- At a time when crimes of passion result in celebrity headlines, nightclub sensation Velma Kelly and spotlight-seeking Roxie Hart both find themselves on Chicago's famed Murderess Row. They also share Billy Flynn, the town's slickest lawyer with a talent for turning notorious defendants into local legends.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: PG-13, for sexual content and dialogue, violence and thematic elements.
- Based on the musical play Chicago, directed and choreographed for the stage by Bob Fosse; based on the play by Maurine Dallas Watkins.
Special features: Never-before-seen deleted scenes; behind-the-scenes featurette.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Dion Beebe ; editor, Martin Walsh ; music, John Kander ; lyrics, Fred Ebb ; original score music, Danny Elfman ; costume designer, Colleen Atwood ; production designer, John Myhre ; choreography, Rob Marshall.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Renée Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Richard Gere, Queen Latifah, John C. Reily, Lucy Liu, Taye Diggs, Christine Baranski.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, Region 1, NTSC, Dolby digital 5.1 surround sound, widescreen presentation enhanced for 16x9 TVs.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Verna M. Lombard Library Endowment; 20034.
Shenango copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20078.
- Academy Awards, 2003: Best Motion Picture of the Year (Marty Richards); Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role (Catherine Zeta-Jones); Best Achievement in Editing (Martin Walsh); Best Achievement in Costume Design (Colleen Atwood); Best Achievement in Art Direction (John Myhre, Gordon Sim); Best Achievement in Sound (Michael Minkler, Dominic Tavella, David Lee).
Golden Globes, 2003: Best motion Picture-Musical or Comedy; Best Performance by and Actor in a Motion Picture-Musica or Comedy (Richard Gere); Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture-Musical or Comedy (Renée Zellweger).
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 2591005