Show boat [videorecording] / Metro Goldwyn Mayer ; produced by Loew's Inc. ; screen play by John Lee Mahin ; produced by Arthur Freed ; directed by George Sidney
- Uniform Title:
- Show boat (Motion picture : 1951)
- [Burbank, Calif.] : Turner Entertainment Co. : Warner Home Video, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (108 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Sidney, George, 1916-2002, Freed, Arthur, 1894-1973, Mahin, John Lee, 1902-1984, Grayson, Kathryn, 1922-2010, Gardner, Ava, 1922-1990, Keel, Howard, 1919-2004, Brown, Joe E. (Joe Evan), 1892-1973, Champion, Marge, Champion, Gower, 1919-1980, Sterling, Robert, 1917-2006, Moorehead, Agnes, 1900-1974, Erickson, Leif, 1911-1986, Warfield, William, Ferber, Edna, 1887-1968, Kern, Jerome, 1885-1945, Hammerstein, Oscar, II, 1895-1960, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Loew's Incorporated, Turner Entertainment Co., and Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English and Spanish language soundtracks (mono) with optional subtitles in English, French or Spanish; closed-captioned in English for the hearing impaired.
- Musical extravaganza which celebrates the loves and heartbreaks of a Mississippi riverboat troupe, starting with a young girl whose heart is stolen by a dashing gambler.
- Audience Notes:
- Not rated.
- Based on the musical play by Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein, II from Edna Ferber's novel.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1951.
Special features include: original theatrical trailer ; scene selection.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Choreography, Robert Alton ; musical direction, Adolp Deutsch ; director of photography, Charles Rosher ; editor, John Dunning.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Kathryn Grayson, Ava Gardner, Howard Keel, Joe E. Brown, Marge and Gower Champion, Robert Sterling, Agnes Moorehead, Leif Erickson, William Warfield.
- Technical Details:
- DVD; Region 1; Dolby digital mono.
View MARC record | catkey: 2591066