Politics for the people: or, A salmagundy for swine [microform].
- Additional Titles:
- Hog's wash, or A salmagundy for swine no. 1
Hog's wash no. 2-5
Hog's wash, or, Politics for the people no. 6
Politics for the people; or, Hog's wash no. 7-9
Politics for the people [v.1, pt.1:no.10-pt.2:no.14-v.2:no.1-no.30
- London [England] : printed for D.I. Eaton, at the Cock and Hog-trough, Newgate-street, MDCCXCIV. -
- Physical Description:
- volumes ; 8⁰.
1 microfilm reel : positive ; 35mm. + Eighteenth Century Journals from the Hope Collection at the Bodleian Library, Oxford (1857111443) 68p
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Publications
- Eighteenth Century Journals from the Hope Collection at the Bodleian Library, Oxford
- Political satire and invective, radical politics, poetry, letters; primarily attacking Edmund Burke's conservatism. Eaton was jailed at least once for the political views expressed in this publication.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Vol. I. [[Part I.] No.I.-XVI. (Sept. 1793-25 Jan. 1794)-part II. number I.-number XIV. (1794)]-vol. II. [number I.-number XXX. (1794-1795)]
- Burke, Edmund, 1729-1797—Public opinion—Periodicals—Early works to 1800
- Walpole, Robert, Earl of Orford, 1676-1745—Public opinion—Periodicals—Early works to 1800
- Satire, English—Periodicals—Early works to 1800
- Political satire, English—Periodicals—Early works to 1800
- Political rights—England—Periodicals—Early works to 1800
- Aristocracy (Social class)—England—Periodicals—Early works to 1800
- Great Britain—Politics and government—1760-1820—Periodicals—Early works to 1800
- Edited and principally written by Daniel Isaac Eaton.
Imprint includes year of publication.
Weekly issues have caption titles except for [pt.1] no. 1 which has individual title page.
Vol. 1, pt. 1 has continuous pagination, pt. 2 paginated individually; v. 2 has continuous pagination.
- Special Numbering:
- Both weekly issues and collected volumes lack chronological designation.
Vol. 1 divided into two parts.
Weekly issues in v. 1 lack dates after Apr. 1794.
Issues in v. 2 have year dates only; latest internal date (v.2, no.29) is 25 Feb. 1795.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Publications, Ltd., 2000. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Eighteenth Century Journals ; reel 17). Filmed with other titles.
- Source of Acquisition:
- News and Microforms Library copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment Fund; 20023.
- Index Note:
- With indexes in each volume; pts. 1-2 of v. 1 indexed separately.
Finding aid available.
- Complexity Note:
- Collected volumes for weekly issues of: Hog's wash, or a Salmagundy for swine (no. 1); Hog's wash (no. 2-5); Hog's wash, or, Politics for the people (no. 6); Politics for the people; or, Hog's wash (no. 7-9) and Politics for the people (v.1, no. 10-v.2:no.30).
- Binding notes:
- Z792.O94E44 2000 reel.17 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in The Genius of Kent ; or, county miscellany [microform]
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- NCBEL, II:1310
Crane & Kaye, 319
Catalogue of the Goldsmiths' Library of Economic Literature, 37640
Ward, W.S. Index of serials, p. 71
English short title catalogue, ESTCP2734.
View MARC record | catkey: 2598077