The London mercury [microform] : containing the history, politics, and literature of England, for the year ...
- London [England] : printed for J. Murray, no 32 Fleet Street, MDCCLXXXI. -
- Physical Description:
- volumes ; 8⁰.
1 microfilm reel : positive ; 35mm. + Eighteenth Century Journals from the Hope Collection at the Bodleian Library, Oxford (1857111443) 68p
- Additional Creators:
- Stuart, Gilbert, 1742-1786
Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784. Selections
Chatterton, Thomas, 1752-1770
Sheridan, Thomas, 1687-1738
Whitehead, William, 1715-1785
Colman, George, 1732-1794
Adam Matthew Publications
- Eighteenth Century Journals from the Hope Collection at the Bodleian Library, Oxford
- In two parts; part I surveys the state of the British nation and her dependencies; part II offers characters of men and nations, including an extensive excerpt on Pope from Johnson's Lives of the Poets, a selection of State Papers, reviews of new books, and poetry from some well known writers including: Thomas Chatterton, George Colman, Thomas Sheridan and William Whitehead.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
Ceased in 1783?
- Publication Frequency:
- Editorship sometimes attributed to Gilbert Stuart (cf. NCBEL).
Title repeated as caption and running title.
Note below caption title in brackets: To be continued annually.
Pagination and signatures continuous through p. 381, when a new sequence begins.
Printed in one column, with chapter divisions in Part I.
- Special Numbering:
- Issue lacks numerical designation.
Extent of publication not known; only copies reported are of the 1780 issue, although NCBEL reports it as continuing beyond the first year.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Publications, Ltd., 2000. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Eighteenth Century Journals ; reel 11). Filmed with other titles.
- Source of Acquisition:
- News and Microforms Library copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment Fund; 20023.
- Index Note:
- Finding aid available.
- Binding notes:
- Z792.O94E44 2000 reel.11 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in The American crisis [microform] : and a letter to Sir Guy Carleton, on the murder of Captain Huddy, and the intended retaliation on Captain Asgill, of the Guards / by Thomas Paine
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- NCBEL, II:1314
Crane & Kaye, 403
English short title catalogue, ESTCP3051.
View MARC record | catkey: 2598113