Threescore years, an autobiography : containing incidents of voyages and travels, including six years in a man-of-war. Details of the war between the United States and the Algerine government, bombardment of Algiers by Lord Exmouth, and its subjugation by the French. Also, two years in California, a visit to the Crimea during the bombardment and capture of Sebastopol, journey through Asia Menor, Syria, Palestine and Egypt ...
- Holbrook, Samuel F., 1793-
- Boston : J. French and company, 1857.
- Physical Description:
- 504 pages : illustrations, plate
- Essex (U.S.) Frigate)
- Algiers, Battle of, Algiers, Algeria, 1816
- Voyages and travels
- United States—History—War of 1812—Naval operations
- United States—History—War with Algeria, 1815
- Chile—History—War of Independence, 1810-1824
- New England—Social life and customs
- Southern States—Social life and customs
- Great Britain—Social life and customs—19th century
- California—Social life and customs
- "I shall resume the narrative ... with my journey through Europe to Sebatopol, Asia Minor [etc.]"--p. 504.
Capture of the Essex: p. 316-340.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microform. Chicago, Library Resources, 1972. 1 microfiche ; 8 x 13 cm. Reduction ratio varies. (Library of American civilization).
Microform. Ann Arbor, Mich., University Microforms, 1963. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (American culture series)
View MARC record | catkey: 260021