Management in Chinese cultures [videorecording] / producer, Roger Penfound ; BBC [for] the Open University
- [Princeton, NJ] : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (30 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Penfound, Roger
British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service
Films for the Humanities & Sciences (Firm)
- Language Note:
- Chiefly in English with Chinese subtitles; some Chinese (Cantonese) with English voice-overs.
- In Chinese culture, western stresses on individualism, delegation and empowerment are replaced by an emphasis on community and the family, a lean hands-on management style and a Confucian deference to authority. Through interviews with innovators, entrepreneurs and managers in both China and Hong Kong, this program asks a number of questions about the effects these cultural differences have on the way business is done in this region.
- Related Titles:
- Creativity, innovation and change (Television program)
- Videodisc release of an episode of the 1998 telecourse.
This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Academic consultant/presenter, Jane Henry ; camera, Hamdani Milas ; editor, Clive Wilkinson.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 2600349