The nature of gold : an environmental history of the Klondike gold rush / Kathryn Morse ; foreword by William Cronon
- Morse, Kathryn Taylor
- Seattle : University of Washington Press, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 290 pages, 24 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm.
- Weyerhaeuser environmental books
- Frontier and pioneer life—Yukon—Klondike River Valley
- Frontier and pioneer life—Alaska
- Gold mines and mining—Environmental aspects—Yukon—Klondike River Valley
- Gold mines and mining—Environmental aspects—Alaska
- Gold miners—Yukon—Klondike River Valley—History—19th century
- Gold miners—Alaska—History—19th century
- Klondike River Valley (Yukon)—Gold discoveries
- Alaska—Gold discoveries
- Klondike River Valley (Yukon)—Environmental conditions
- Alaska—Environmental conditions
- 0295983299 (cloth : alk. paper)
0295983302 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 255-274) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2602495