Building powerful learning environments : from schools to communities / Arina Bokas
- Bokas, Arina, 1972-
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 165 pages ; 23 cm
- Fourth industrial revolution and its impact on education -- Canvas for learning -- A culture of partnerships -- Creating awareness -- Seeking engagement -- Supporting collaboration -- Partners in special needs and circumstances -- Stories of engagement.
- Building Powerful Learning Environments takes a close look at the trends of the Post-Digital Era through the prism of how systems of education can meet the needs of our times and offers a systemic approach to creating a different canvas for learning that aligns to these changes. At the center of the book are the concepts of a learning environment and a culture of partnerships. A learning environment has traditionally been viewed as something that educators created and sustained inside their schools. Building Powerful Learning Environments expands this understanding to embrace families, communities, other learning institutions, and businesses not as helpers, but as co-builders of a powerful learning environment. It demonstrates that schools have to take the first step in this direction by becoming the center of a new educational culture - a culture of partnerships. This book looks into various ways of creating this culture at district, school, and classroom levels. It provides practical guidance, strategies, and tips as well as some conceptual understanding of what can be done to create and support this culture at various levels of educational leadership. -- Provided by publisher.
- 9781475830927 (cloth ; alk. paper)
1475830920 (cloth ; alk. paper)
9781475830934 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
1475830939 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 26056461